Tuesday, August 21, 2007

All Grown Up?...






I'm not sure how this happened, but my baby is entering the 1st grade. I think I was more anxious than she was. She popped out of bed, ate her breakfast, got herself dressed. She even brushed her teeth and did her hair without me asking, and in our house that's a big deal (or usually an ordeal.) Today it was her Dad and I who were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Where's the backpack? Is her info packet filled out? Is she having hot lunch or should we make her something? I'm sure it had something to do with the ridiculously early time they have to start school that threw us, 7:45 a.m. what the ----!
Anyway she made it on time, she got to see all the friends she missed over summer, and she got right back in to the groove without missing a beat. The smile in this photo is forced because she only wanted me to take a picture of her backpack, but after a little begging and pleading, she decided to turn around.
As for me, I'm sure I'll need a little more time to adjust to the time difference. But when I do I'll actually gain an hour before I have to drive in to work. Perhaps some extra time to enjoy my coffee and get some knitting on.

5 comments:

LotusKnits said...

Aww so cute!! I think you'll enjoy the extra time in the morning if you make it a routine, instead of doing what I would do...go back to bed!

Courtney said...

Aww so sweet :-) That is so exciting. I remember my mom taking pictures of me on my first day of school... take as many as you can because sooner or later she wont let you at all..(but she has a few years before that)...

Madge said...

Momentous day! Hope it was great for all of you. :)

Janice said...

She looks adorable. Someday she will like those pictures Mom.
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/KSsum07GS.html

That is site for solar dying of yarn. It looks interesting.

Laurie said...

Oh, look, like her mommy...black and pink backpack. But I don't see the skulls...