Sunday, March 09, 2008

Stitches Stash




Stitches was a hoot! This year I told myself to make a plan. Although I had a map and a list of patterns for which I needed yarn, I only came home with the yarn I needed for one project. The rest was all, well BONUS! I found a cute pattern that I'll be using with the orange-ish hemp and hemp wool, the turquoise silk and bamboo for this, the fuscia malabrigo is for these, the stainless and wool Habu cones are for this little number, and the shot glasses- well let's just say they were the most necessary items I spotted at the Ravelry booth. I figured since I have so much knitting on my plate, I may need a tasty beverage to go along with it. In case of emergency, fill and drink.
I also scored this beautiful green Hand Maiden Casbah which I am wearing around my neck as I write this, as well as some brilliantly handpainted yarn from Creative. I had to pick up some of her yarn after reading about her trek across the states to get to Stitches. She just may be the sweetest, most gracious person I've ever met. As people were purchasing her yarn, she showered them with the most sincere thanks. She was just the sweetest thang!
The Stitch & Ride train seemed to run a lot smoother this year. They had a chemo cap drive and they gave us a nice bag filled with knitting loot. I believe there was 400 plus stitchers on the train this year, and it was nice that they chartered the train just for us. We started at 6:00 am and returned home by 9:00 pm. It was a long day but well worth the exhaustion and I already can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Everything looks yummy :-)

periwinkle said...

Just wanted to say Hi, especially when looking back through your posts I saw a picture of Mr Grohl-- now I wouldn't mind teaching him to knit ;-)
Lisa x