Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Down for the count





So I guess the Strep wasn't happy invading my body just once this year. Less than a month later it's come to visit/haunt me again. I was struck down Sunday morning and after a visit to the doc on Monday they confirmed it with a positive strep culture. Whoopee!
So Monday and Tuesday were pretty much wasted on the couch with the occasional sit up for more antibiotics and steroids. But today I am trying to move around more so as not to sleep my way in to next year!

On a positive note-
Christmas was mellow and I think everyone got what they wanted, especially my daughter. She loved her new clothes so much so that she wore them most of Christmas day.
She is seen here wearing her new slippers, arm warmers, sweatpants, and apron. Obviously not all meant to go together, but when your seven, why not! She has also been sporting her latest accessory Fifi the stuffed dog. Much easier to manage than her new real puppy.
We also had time to do some baking and I finished this cute little number for her.

Pattern: Anthropologie Inspired Capelet
Yarn: Lotus Yarns Bulky in Mulled Wine

Here's wishing everyone happiness and great health for the year ahead.
CHEERS!

5 comments:

LotusKnits said...

I love her new outfit! May as well wear it all together.

The caplet looks GREAT!!

Debbie T said...

Wow, love Sophie's style sense...so Boho!!! :=) Glad to hear you are feeling a wee bit better Cher...get well soon and Cheers to you too!!!!

Courtney said...

Sophie is soooo cute...very stylish LOL.. I wish you all a happy new year and I hope you feel better before the new year...who wants to start it off sick...blah!

Madge said...

Cheers! And get better, dammit.

That ensemble rocks. So does the capelet.

kgirlknits said...

I love that little caplet - great colour!

and the apron + the stuffed poodle?

precious!!

hope that strep gets knocked good and proper this time, and you're fighting fit asap :)