Monday, June 19, 2006

Knit Swap Kit Swap


Yay! My kitter got in touch with me yesterday, so here are my answers to the questionnaire. This is such a great swap. I'm looking forward to all the creativity that this swap produces.
  1. What are your favorite colors? Deep reds, pinks, and oranges, & greens, purples and black.
  2. Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? Yes. Only about 3 months.
  3. Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multicolored.
  4. What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Wool. I haven't really tried anything else, yet.
  5. Where do you usually knit socks? On the couch at home, in the breakroom at work, and on the bench during my daughters ballet class.
  6. How do you usually carry/store small projects? In a small silk bag, or my small basket from Trader Joes.
  7. What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? Since I'm fairly new to socks I can't really say I have a fave, but there are sooo many I want to make. I just got the Sensational Knitted Socks book, and I love it, so many ideas!
  8. What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? See answer above.
  9. What new techniques would you like to try? I'm up for anything!!
  10. Do you prefer circular or dpns for sock knitting? DPN's.
  11. What are some of your favorite yarns? For sock knitting I've only used Claudia HandPaints, but I just got some of Scout's Hurricane sock yarn, and picked up some MegaBoots stretch for my husband.
  12. What yarn do you totally covet? I really like Malabrigo, because it's so plush and fluffy and I love their colors. I also like just about anything with a good amount of cashmere in it.
  13. Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Ummm. Again there are so many, I just can't decide.
  14. Favorite kind of needles(brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I like wood or bamboo dpn's for sock knitting, but my fave needles are addi's.
  15. If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Manos del Uruguay color 115.
  16. Do you have a fave candy or mail-able snack? I love anything with caramel in it. I am also addicted to Altoids Raspberry,Tangerine, and Apple flavored sour candies.
  17. What's you fave animal? Ring-tailed lemur.
  18. Do you have any pets? What are their species/names/ages? Yes. A border collie named Ansel, he is 11 years old.
  19. If you were a color what color would you be? RED.
  20. Describe you fave shirt? Black v-neck t-shirts.
  21. What is you most inspiring image, flower, or objects in nature? Right now I'm obsessed with clouds. I love to photograph them in black and white.
  22. Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read. "Saturate yourself with your subject and the camera will all but take you by the hand."-Margaret Bourke-White.
  23. Do you have a wishlist? Yes, on amazon but I haven't updtaed in a couple of months.
  24. Anything you'd like to share with the group today? yeah! let's get this party started!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooohoo! Thank you for this, it helps A LOT!!!

I shot you a second email, I do need your mailing address so I can send your goodies off to their new home soon (well sorta soon LOL)

Courtney said...

I like the moneys :-)

Ruth said...

apple altoids are one of my favs too =)