Monday, September 04, 2006

Punk Rock Gift Exchange Questionnaire




1) How long have you been spinning/Knitting/Crocheting?
I've been knitting about two and a half to three years.
2) Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice, or experienced Yarn Artist?
Intermediate.
3) What type of fibers have you worked with?
Mostly wool, some cotton, baby alapca, soy, acrylic.
4) What types are you dying to try?
I'll try anything once.
5) Are you allergic to anything, (Fibers, Food, Smells that make you want to puke, etc.)?
Sadly, I'm allergic to cats although I still play with my friends.
6) Do you have any Disorders, ex: Diabetes?
Physical or Mental?
7) What is your Favorite Time/Style period, ex: Romatic, Grecian,Metal, Goth,etc?
I like bits of miscellaneous periods. I really like Ramones-esque late 70's punk, as well as some 70's glam( ex: Marc Bolan from T. Rex), I also love 40's and some 50's fashion.
8) What fibers do you dislike?
I'm not a big fan of the super- eyelashy- fun- fur- ribbon kind a yarn.
9) Name some of your favorite Artist, Movie wise, Television if you watch it ex: I heart Keanu, some things cant be helped, and Rachel loves Mike Ness !?
I *heart* Ewan McGregor and Anthony Bourdain.
10) Whos your favorite Character ex: Jack or Cpt Jack?
Randy(Nicolas Cage) in Valley Girl.
11) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
No preference.
12) What are you favorite colors?
Red and black, pink and black, purple and black, green and black, & sometimes black.
13) What colors do you dislike?
Bright neon colors. No desire to relive 80's fashion again.
14) What projects are you currently working on?
Too many to list, I am quite the project ho!
15) Do you have a wishlist?
No.
16) Do you have any other favorite hobbies?
Photography and collecting. I love vintage stuff.
17) When your birthday?
4/13.
18) What is your favorite food, candy, scents that you love!! Etc.?
Food: mexican, Candy: anything with caramel, Scents: vanilla & most citrus scents.
19) Are you pierced at all? Any tattoos? Can you/would you wear jewelry that isn't real?
Pierced-yes, Tattoos-4, Can you/would you?- I guess.
20) What do you like Culturally, ex: Celtic, African, Devil Worshiping, Kidding!?
I like Celtic stuff, I'm a bit Irish and I was married in Scotland( go figure).
21) What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My straights are in a glass vase, and most of my dpn's and circs are in a small travel case from Target.
22) What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Please refer to my about me profile section on my blog, there are just too many to list, I love music. Yes my stereo/computer can play MP3's.
23) What's your favorite season and why?
I enjoy fall. The air is crisp but not freezing, and it means summer has left.
24) What season do you abhor?
Summer. I do not thrive in the heat!
25) How about Sports, any that you just cant get enough of or do they make you throw up in your mouth just a little?
I like sports but there isn't anything I can't live without.
26) What is your family situation Do you live alone?
I have a great husband and a wonderful daughter.
27) Do you have any pets?
Yes. An old, but sweet border collie
28) Do you like handmade gifts?
Yes!!!
29) What's your favorite thing to make, knit/crochet or other craft wise?
At the moment bags.
30) Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Lately I've been using circs more than straights. Depends on the project.
31) Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes.
32) Tell us how you learned to knit/crochet?
I tried to take lessons at a no longer existing (thank goodness) yarn store, and after spending over 100.00 for two 4 week sessions, I just slowly taught myself through books, mags, and asking lots of questions at knit groups.
33) Do you enjoy getting helpful hints from others or does it just piss you off?
Anytime you learn something its fine, I just don't like self-proclaiming experts trying to fix what is working for me.
34) How old is your oldest UFO?
Almost a year and a half.
35) Is there anything that you collect?
Purses, shoes, and little vintage knick-knacks.
36) Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Gee, there are so many.
37) What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have if any?
None.
38) Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Intarsia and Fair Isle.
39) Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are yer boats (feet)?
Yes, but i have a problem finishing the second one. I wear a size 8 and a half.
40) When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
See #17.

No comments: