Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sparkles

This wonderful lady came in to my work today. Helping her was the highlight of not just my day but the whole week! She is 90 years old, sparkly, spunky, and sweet! She is the DIY Queen. Her bag is covered in sequins, her cane in rhinestones, her wallet has a great big antique sparkling flower on it, and the glasses in her hand are covered in stones. Her grand-daughter helped her with the rockin' hairstyle, but she said the rest was all her. "Why buy when you can DIY?" I think today was her first time at the store, so hopefully I'll get to see more of her. She was so nice and sweet and I just wanted to pick her up and bring her home. When asked what her name was she said "just call me Sparkles".

8 comments:

62cherry said...

That's jjust made my day, how fabulous!! Hey did you get my goodies yet? I have not got yours yet, but will let you know as soon as

Janice said...

How cool is that. Maybe I need to find her so she can help me sparkle for rest of my life!!!!

Shadkitty said...

She's freaking AWESOME!!! I wanna be like her when I grow up. :D

Madge said...

I want to be Sparkles at 90, too!

The DIY flame, it burns eternal. And that makes my heart happy.

Courtney said...

That is sooooo nice, she is so cute :-) What did she say when you asked to take her picture??

Nutty Brunette said...

I want to be likeher when I grow up! That is one Rockin Lady.

Laurie said...

Sparkles is amazing. I want to be as crazy as she is when I'm that old. Cool thing is that when you get that old, everyone accepts what you wear because of your age.

roxtarc said...

yeah i'm jumping on the "sparkles" wagon.... i wanna be just like her when i grow up!